Friday, September 30, 2011

IT'S HERE! The Eve of the 52@52 Challenge

Tomorrow begins the 52@52 challenge. I think I will need to have my last cola of the year tonight with our supper and take a look at the scale to see where I'm starting from so that I can give both things up for a year.  I'm sort of excited to get started.  As with all resolutions and challenges we always tend to be excited at the beginnings but the tough part is to keep the momentum going throughout the entire year. I need to do some self evaluating and look at all the roadblocks that tend to keep me from completing things and figure out how to sneak past them.  I mentioned before that the scale is a big roadblock to my losing weight because I let it give me an excuse to quit when it's not moving fast enough for me.  That's one reason it is on the list with the "goal weight" goal.  I've also found that for some reason I have a "fear of success" so I get to a certain point in my journey to the goal and I start back peddling as if I really don't want to achieve the goal.  My heart says I do but for some reason I can sometimes sabotage myself when I get close enough to the goal. I start classes and do every lesson but the last one, I start losing weight and quit trying 5 lbs before the goal weight.  I guess my entire life I've been this way. Close enough was always good enough for me.  This is something that I truly want to challenge this year.  I will work hard to fight my inner sabotager and be successful at this venture. I need to understand why I do this to beat it so there will be a lot of inner soul searching in the months ahead so I can kick one of my less endearing traits.  I'm that girl that gets close to the finish line and falls down and says..."I can't finish". That girl is making her exit this year.  Let the challenge begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment