Friday, February 3, 2012

Monkey Wrenches Thrown in for Fun

I was doing fairly well keeping up with my list even through the Christmas weeks but once 2012 hit things got a little more busy.  Hannah, my youngest, and I took a trip to San Antonio, Texas to attend the graduation from AF Boot Camp of her boyfriend, Dantrell.  On the Saturday after graduation we ventured to the downtown area to walk along the river walk and to see the Alamo.  Dantrell and Hannah went on a horse and buggy ride around the Downtown area and Dantrell asked Hannah to marry him.  I knew it was coming because he had talked to me about it and they had picked out a ring a few days before.

The monkey wrench in my 52 plan came with the determination that the wedding date would be sometime in late February or early March but we wouldn't know for sure which until the Air Force told him how long he would be in his training school and where he was being sent from there.  To make things even more interesting, I had to take another trip to Florida for my aunt's funeral just a week after returning from  Texas.  So wedding planning didn't get into full gear until the very end of January.  We found a dress at the David's Bridal $99 dress sale and were happy that it fit her perfectly, no alterations or busseling needed.  The next week we started touring possible wedding sites and found a wedding place that has a chapel for services and banquet room for the reception.  It's at a beautiful setting with a gorgeous lake and bridge that I envision will be wonderful for pictures. We worked on invitations this week and next week will be flowers.  I have very little time for reading or writing right now so I will definitely have to do some catch-up on my plan once the wedding is over and we get them settled into their first home.  As I said in the beginning I planned that life would probably get in the way of completing everything on the list but the fun is in the trying.  I may just surprise myself and get everything caught up in a few weeks.  I've always seemed to work better under short timelines so anything can happen.  For now, 52 @ 52 is on a back burner on slow simmer mode until the wedding is complete.  Look for more wedding photos and wedding news on my other blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment