Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Happy Birthday 52

And so it begins.....my 53rd year starts today.  My wonderful husband treated me like a queen for the entire day. He made my breakfast (scrambled eggs and bacon with hot Earl Grey tea), then did a thorough detailing job on my car.  He started it the night before and it took him over 4 hours of hard work to complete. He washed/waxed it, cleaned all the upholstery, armour alled the dashboards, cleaned all the windows, vacuumed it and it now looks like a totally new vehicle. I'd been putting off that job for months because I knew it would be hard on the back and he did it all for me. We then took a drive into Atlanta to the Cheesecake Factory at the Cumberland Mall. I'd never eaten there before and was excited to try a new restaurant. The food was wonderful and of course, we had to end the meal with a shared cheesecake too. I picked the chocolate brownie cheesecake and it was wonderful. We walked around the mall after our late lunch because Russ wanted to pick out a new outfit for me but I quickly realized that I'm just not the mall shopping type.  First of all my body is not made to comfortably fit any of the latest styles of clothes for the younger set. Then the stores that did have women's clothes were soooo overpriced that I just couldn't even look at their racks. Russ ended up just putting a check in a card for me to shop at my leisure for some new clothes.  He also ordered Photoshop Elements 10 for me since I'd hinted that it was something that I wanted. I'm excited about some of the new things that it will have in the upgrade. It might just inspire me to do a little more digital scrapping this winter.  My final gift from Russ was admission to an online scrapbooking event called "True Scrap". It's a three day affair with 21 different classes held hourly in the span of the three days. I attended the first one back in the Spring and it was wonderful so I was excited that the fall version was falling during my birthday week.  Looking forward to all the inspiration from some of the best teachers in the business.  Russ wasn't the only one who made my birthday special. Hannah decided to get up earlier than usual and clean up the kitchen and TV room for me and gave me a comfy pair of pj pants. Amber made my cake while we were gone and gave me the latest Nicholas Sparks book I'd been requesting and some Dove Dark Chocolates.  Cory and Stephanie sent me a card and then called and skyped with me after church so I could see baby Liam. I was overwhelmed with over 100 facebook messages from friends from all our many locations wishing me a Happy Birthday. A person can't help but feel loved with all of that.  It was a wonderful day to turn 52.  I am so very very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment