Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Weeks 1 & 2 updates

I just returned from a six day trip to Las Vegas for a digital scrapbooking weekend called "Spraguefest" so I'm a little delayed in updating my progress since I didn't have reliable internet service at the condo.  I'm happy to report that I'm doing great on my list.  So far I've read two books to add to my booklist, I've written two blog posts, two thank you notes, and one letter.  I've done 4 walks outside the neighborhood since we did a lot of walking in Vegas and I visited two states I had never been to as you can see by the pictures. Arizona was just a brief peek from the border but I was officially standing in the state for about a half hour taking pictures.  We also visited a National Park (Lake Mead) that same day so I was able to officially check two more items off the list. I have not looked at the scale since the 1st of October nor drank any colas. I watched 4 sunrises while in Vegas since we had to get up early for the classes and one sunset. I tried two new recipes this week (Chicken Chili and Homemade Cornbread) and loved both of them.  I'm a little behind on the scrapbook pages but I hope to catch up on that this weekend.  I'm not sure how well I'm doing on the "goal weight" but I have noticed that my pants are fitting a little looser. I can already tell that not looking at the scale is a good thing. I'm hoping I will be more successful without it. I took four classes at the Spraguefest weekend that I attended but I still need to finish several of the projects from them. I've had several lunches with friends which included a lunch with some of the ladies after the ladies bible class and lunches with Debbie while in Vegas. So far, my momentum is strong for working on the list. I'm feeling pretty good about my progress so far. My birthday is a week away. Russ plans to take the day off and we will go to Stone Mtn if the day is nice. I've never been there so that will go on my list of places I've explored in GA. Hannah's birthday is shortly after mine and she would like to have shopping day out for her birthday. I will probably take her to the Mall of Georgia area so will add yet another place visited in GA to my list. I love checking things off the list. Makes me quite happy indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment