Saturday, September 22, 2012

52 Week Art Journal Challenge

I started out very motivated for the art journal challenge. I found a deck of cards that had skull and crossbones on it that was given as a gift at a halloween party. I knew I wouldn't have any problem covering over the backs of those cards. I got up to week 6 and then got the prompt for 7 which was "shoes" and I wasn't inspired so I quit working on them. You can see the first six here. I pulled them out the other day and they made me happy. I liked what I had done so far. It's late in the challenge but I am going to attempt to finish most of them. I've decided to work out of order though and pick the prompts that inspire me right off and just keep checking them off until I finish them. I'm thinking I may bind them together in some way...maybe with rings or my binding machine. Not sure on that yet. Since starting these cards last October, I've been playing around more with art journaling techniques. I have two journals going right now. One is for bible verses and the other is just to experiment with anything artsy. I also have a sketchbook going that I'm playing with zentangles in. Even if I don't finish this particular challenge it has helped inspire me to find my inner artist and express myself in more ways than scrapbooking......and that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment