Monday, September 17, 2012

Another One Checked Off

When I was writing my initial list I was looking for things I could do with a "52" in them so I randomly added a facebook challenge just for fun planning that I would see what the number of friends became after a year. I happened to recheck my list the other day and saw that I was at about 512 friends which amazed me. I thought 520 was shooting a little high and really didn't anticipate achieving it. But, when I saw I was that close I decided to put a little effort in and see if there were others out there that I could request a friendship with that would bring my number up. I started looking through the "people you may know" list and found quite a few in there that I didn't realize were on facebook now. I clicked on the "add friend" button on several of them just to see what would happen and lo and behold...I hit the 520 friends mark today. I did a screenshot of my profile and circled the friends number as proof. It was a silly little goal but in the end was a little fun checking it off. It's amazing to think that there are 520 people out there who have been a part of my life in some way. Now that I've reached the 520 mark, after my birthday I think I will starting deleting some . The newsfeed will be more interesting if I delete some who are just crowding the spaces with random quotes, pictures and videos. Or...maybe I'll just hide them all. I laugh sometimes when I think back to 2006 when I joined facebook and how much it's become a part of everyone's lives now. Who knows, maybe I'll give up facebook after I turn 53. Just think of the extra time I would gain. Hmmmm, maybe I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment