Friday, September 14, 2012

Reading 52 Was Easy

It's no surprise to me that I've completed my reading goal a month early. I've always loved to read and am constantly looking for new authors to inspire me. I always have a book with me in case I can find a few minutes to read. I usually read breakfast and lunch and love to read outdoors whenever I can and soak in some good vitamin D at the same time.

I think the one very positive thing that has come from my reading goal this year is that I've included reading the bible into my daily routine. In my rules I set up before starting it said that 52 chapters in the bible would count as one book. My goal was to read the bible more and I was afraid that I would focus so much on reading 52 books that I would neglect my bible reading. So bible reading was included within my reading goal. I started with Psalms, Proverbs and Ecclesiastes to get my routine started. They say it takes 28 days to establish a habit so I made it a point to have my bible with me every morning at breakfast. I always had a pen with me to mark items that I wanted to be able to find later and even made notations back to other scriptures when I saw verses that explained another verse. After establishing the routine, I then continued on and read the entire New Testament. Then began the Old Testament. I'm currently reading in I Samuel. I will admit that I had to really focus to get through Leviticus and Numbers but I did find some interesting things along the way.

I've been gravitating towards books on houses, mansions and diaries this year. I've found a few new authors I like and will be following as they write more things. A few that I liked were Natasha Solomon, Sandra Dallas, Robert Barclay, Lucinda Riley and Deborah Raney.  Some of my regular favorites all brought out new books this year and I've read them all. Karen White brings one out in May and November and I always anxiously await her latest novel. The Strangers of Montague Street and Sea Change both kept Karen on my all time favorite author list. Richard Paul Evans "Walk" series has me waiting every May for a new installment. Charles Martin didn't disappoint as well with his release Thunder and Rain. A few of my other favorite finds this year were The House at Tyneford by Natasha Solomons, The Book of Hours by T Davis Bunn, More than Words Can Say by Robert Barclay, The Orchid House by Lucinda Riley and Beneath a Southern Sky by Deborah Raney. There is a big pile of books in my bedroom that I'm anxiously waiting to read and I'm looking forward to hibernating for the winter with a blanket, cup of tea and begin working my way through the pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment