Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cookin' Towards the Goal

All year long I've been pinning recipes to Pinterest in my "Recipes I Want to Try" board.  The past few weeks I've started working on the "try 52 new recipes" goal. Russ and Amber has been my taste-testers and they let me know if they like or dislike them. I've been fortunate to have picked some good ones because I think we got a thumbs up on every one I tried. Here is a list of the ones I've tried so far. You can link to them through my pinterest board. Most of them are pinned there.
  1. Chicken Chili with Rice
  2. Cornbread (from Taste of Home)
  3. Spicy Peanut Chicken
  4. Hungarian Goulash
  5. Oven Fried Chicken
  6. Oven Potatoes
  7. Almond Chicken
  8. Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
  9. Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
  10. Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells
  11. Ranch Pork Chops
  12. Blackberry Cobbler
  13. Melt in Your Mouth Chicken
  14. Green Monster Smoothie
  15. Basil Chicken with Coconut Sauce
  16. Alfredo Pizzas
  17. Good Morning Smoothies
  18. Lime & Coconut Chicken
  19. Chipotle Rice (Lime & Cilantro)
  20. Peanut Butter Oreo Dessert
  21. Cajun Ranch Chicken Pasta
  22. Spicy Honey Chicken
  23. Green Smoothie #2
  24. Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad
  25. Salisbury Steak & Mushroom Gravy
  26. Brown Rice Pilaf
  27. Oatmeal Smoothies
  28. Spicy Honey Chicken
  29. Quick Chicken Salad
  30. Garlic Lime Chicken
  31. Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
I'm almost half way there on the recipes. I haven't even begun on the desserts but since I'm trying to be good and reach the weight loss goal, I might just stick with dinners. Can you tell we eat a lot of chicken? This has been a fun goal to work on. I've been writing the recipes we like down in my recipe book so I will have them   available as needed for reruns. The nice thing is that I'm getting out of the "same ol' same ol'" rut of all my regularly rotated recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment